Thursday, October 16, 2014

Proofs

October 14th, 2014

There’s no tutorial this week! I will be able to go home earlier to feed my dog!

In lecture, it was a continuation of proofs. Started with a simple example, which was very easy, and helped me understand the structure of a proof.

However, the professor re-introduced a formula:
>0, >0, x R, | x -2 |<, | x2-4 | <
I had a hard time coming to understand this, and only after the explanation was given, did I have any comprehension of it. Larry said to disregard the complicated-looking formula, and not be intimidated by the greek letters. But this is not about the greek letters! I may have mentioned in a previous sLog, but I am not confident I can solve this proof if something other than this question were to come up.

As we worked through this proof, I may or may not have understood. I can only hope that many many proofs will be done throughout this course, so I can finally say “I GET IT”.


As a side note, I am very impressed with the amount of people who received 100% on their first term test! Too bad I was not one of those, but still very impressed!!


Until next time,
Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment