Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Forgotten

October 21, 2014


Larry opened the lecture with an announcement that the assignment has been posted, but to manage our time, because Test 2 will take place the day after. I am glad he mentioned that, because I definitely forgot about it. Earlier, I took a peek at the assignment; it is all proofs (not that I was expecting anything else). I hope I can get comfortable with proofs before the assignment and test comes due…
As the lecture moved on to the next material (more proofs), I still am not sure, how much proof is enough? In PHL245, the tools to prove is limited, making the options limited and straightforward (if you can find the correct path). So far, the proofs in CSC165 could be endless, and less structured. Larry also mentioned there is a lot of practice questions that have been posted. I am planning to attempt those.
The second half of class was about Algorithms. Although the material was straightforward, it was interesting to see all the thoughts that is put into code I passively write for class.
Off to find time to practice,
Maya.

No comments:

Post a Comment