September 28, 2014
I am starting to wonder what I will do for Assignment 2. Between trying to figure out how to indent in ShareLaTeX (unsuccessful), and trying to figure out the details to the proofs, I have some doubts. I had an opportunity to talk to the professor about the assignment and proofs in general, so I have a better idea of what to do; hopefully it’ll be sufficient to pull me through.
All that aside, this week in lecture, the big O and Omega was covered. Like most materials for the past weeks, although I understand it, but do not understand it. When choosing c/B, the inaccuracy makes me anxious as well: As long as it’s aaaany number greater than X, or annnny natural number greater than Y, etc.. And is O(n^2) Omega(n^2) always going to be compared to (n^2)? I do not know. I was particularly hungry tonight, so my attention span and effort levels are diminishing quite quickly.
As a side note, we watched a slow animation of insertion sort. Twice. WHY!? And as a bonus, the slide had a mini version of the animation on the side.
Soon afterwards, the class participated in an activity: Penniless stacks. I was too tired and hungry so I did not actively try to solve the problem.
No, I will not discontinue to be paranoid.
Maya.
No comments:
Post a Comment