Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Boo boos

November 4, 2014

During this past week, most of the my attention was concentrated on Assignment 2. Deciding whether Claim 1.2, and 1.3 was correct or incorrect was a long battle fought., I was constantly flipping between True and False all week. At the beginning, after working it out logically, I was very very sure that Claim 1.2 was False, although I did not know how to prove it on paper. However, as I was working through the problem to see if I can use math to solve it, it dawned on me that it was probably CORRECT. I started worked on that conclusion, but then I thought about it again, and I decided it had to be INCORRECT. This loop went back and forth many many times.
Looking at the Assignment 2 answers, I was relieved to know that my answer of Claim 1.2 being false, and 1.3 being true. However, because I focused so much on these two parts of the assignment, I did not really think the last 2.1, 2.2 through. The converse should have been false, but I had put as true. Thus is life. I need to make sure the “easier” questions are absolutely correct before I move on…
Today’s lecture was more or less a step by step approach to proving Omega. The steps were fairly structured, so it was easy to follow along. There were stark differences between the examples, which give a general standardized approach depending on the type of equation. Hopefully there will be a decently clear path on future questions.

Maya.

Note: It helps to be not sleepy in class

Double note: My apologies, I forgot that I did not post my sLog for last week until today.

No comments:

Post a Comment