November 11, 2014.
Lest we forget.
This week we received our term test 2 back. Although there were small mistakes, it was generally a good mark. I am glad I put in some effort to learn the proofs for the assignment. A small mention of the Assignment 3 was made. It is going to be like last time. “Just” need to find the trick.
Lecture continued on about proofs. It started with straightforward questions, but as it progressed, I got lost around the time where he wanted to disprove a statement about Big-O and Omega. He did not quite thoroughly go through each of the last two harder proofs, so I will have to go back and review those. I know when I go to do similar questions, although I have a vague idea now, like everything in this course, I will be scratching my head. I am not quite sure how and why he can arbitrarily let some function equal a certain function, but I will review that in due time….
When I thought lecture was soon to be a wrap, Larry introduced Computability. It is hard to see why it is important. Especially with my mind wandering since the the latter half of the proofs section, I was easily distracted. The individual sentences made sense, but I did not absorbed anything, and I have no idea what the purpose is and the idea behind halting, and non-computability. I will go over it slowly, like every other thing in this course.
Next lecture is final one?
Oh dear.
Toodles,
Maya.
No comments:
Post a Comment